7.02.2015

The 3:09 card!

 
Good Morning, friends!  
 
I can't believe it's already July!
And a little trivia for you ...
did you know at 12 pm today, we will be exactly half way through 2015!
Not only does that mean the summer is flying by,
but Christmas is going to be here before you know it!
 
I've been busy in the Cabana making tons of cards,
catching up on some overdue cards and creating the new ones.
This one is a very CAS card,
which if you have been a follower for awhile now,
will know this is so. not. me!
The inspiration, and challenge, for this card came from a friend on SCS.
Her challenge for us was to use the image/papers
and create a card in ....
 
UNDER 30 minutes!
 
The what what??
I literally loved her challenge!
Because it takes me 6 hours to make anything!
 
 
 I looked at the clock in the Cabana, and it read 2:51 ...
seeing the ocean feel of the precolored SU! image,
I reached for my Marina Mist cardstock and the swatches of dsp
and just made them work as a base for the image.
 
ah, you know how much I love my layers!
This wasn't easy, but somehow, I am happy with how it ended up :)
And I was done at 3:09!
I could get used to this :)
 


I'll enter my card into: 
Crafting for all seasons #105 - Cute and Summery

 
As always,
Big Hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly
 
 

27 comments:

  1. I have never, EVER seen this image colored as beautifully as this, Kelly! I love every perfect detail of this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so soft and lovely! very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and beautiful! Love the design on this too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's so absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful image!! This would have taken me hours to make - I'm in awe!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very delightful card!
    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love the colors. This would be a very hard challenge for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Kelly love the design and image a super CAS style card, well done
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may not be you but it certainly is a wonderful card! Love the stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes me forever to create a card too. I envy people of create hundreds of cards each year. I just take comfort in the fact that the cards I make have meaning to me as well as the gift of giving. Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm impressed!! It would have taken me that long to pick out my papers... Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card Kelly - and I see you snucked a couple of buttons in there too - love the way the doilies softened the look of the card, in keeping with the colours in the image.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to make quick and easy Cards and your Card is awesome. Great coloring of the Image and your layout is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creation! thank you so much for joining our Blue as the Ocean-challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to have challenges to complete cards like this- love your colors of DP you picked up from the image- and I see you were able o sneak in a couple of buttons there! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spectacular creation, gorgeous colours as well.. enjoy your weekend..xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous - certainly doesn't look like a 30 minute card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of my all time favorite stamps, and I love how you colored her and your background! Stunning design and inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! This is completely impressive that you've made this beauty under 30 minutes!! You are a star my dear and I want to be like you when I grow up!! :) Really amazing design!! Happy 4th my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so lovely and well designed. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,

    Gorgous card. love it. It's so beautiful.May I ask to put our color palet on your blog aswell? thanks. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Kelly! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant! It always takes me forever to figure out what I want my card to LOOK like... I find it much simpler for me when someone GIVES me the chosen supplies. So I suppose picking the supplies might be my weakness. You took this challenge and soared! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't know that bit of trivia and your watercoloring of the lady on the beach scene is just breath taking!! I have that set, I need to copy your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful image and wonderful job with a 30 minute challenge!!

    ReplyDelete