7.09.2015

You're the cat's meow! ♥

 
 
Hi friends!
  You are absolutely PURR-fect! ♥
 
Today's the 9th of the month,
which means the 3 Musketeers {Barb, Jeanette and I}
will post cards from an image mailed out by the hostess ...
and this month it's me! :)
 
I chose this garden kitty image from Elzybells, 
one of my very, very, VERY favorite stamp companies of all time!
I haven't inked it up in years but it remains one of the treasured
stamps in my collection that will stay with me forever ♥
I cherish my Elzybells stamps so much!
They came all the way from England and I'd stalk my mailman
for weeks after I'd order the stamps ♥
I was heartbroken when Elizabeth (owner/designer of Elzybells)
 closed up shop but I was able to scoop up a many of the wooden stamps
before they were gone forever *smile!*
 
 
 
With my card designing, I start with chosing the papers first,
 then I chose a layout,
then color the image to match the dsp!
 I'm always in awe when I hear
folks say they color their image first,
because for me - I'd spend HOURS in the Cabana if I did that,
looking for papers to match what I'd just colored!


 
The inside of my card is the matching sentiment to this stamp,
and truly, in the garden of life,
friends help us blossom into the beautiful people that we are ♥
 
And, you may have noticed, I missed last month's 3M post :(
I'm in the doghouse for that, I'm sure.
Truth is, I can't find my card anywhere!
I'm not able to recreate as I goofed the other image but as soon as my card is found,
I'll be sure to post it.
Meanwhile, please stop by and see what Barb and Jeanette have made, too!
 
As always, thanks for stopping by!
I hope your day is absolute purr-fection :)
  
Big Hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Card submission:  Aud Sentiments (Animals & Sentiment!)
Time out Challenge:  Nature/Animal

15 comments:

  1. It must be national cat day or something! TOO cute and love the patterned paper you used with this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I spend way more time selecting paper but that is the joy of having paper! Love your cute card and the kitty is adorable and papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, so sweet!! The image is adorable!! I love how you colored it and the papers you used!! Fabulous layering as always!! And the sentiment - purrfect!! Love it my friend!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, you are NOT in the dog house. ;)

    I love your card... such a cute combination of embellishments, papers, design! Perfect! (And like you, I choose my papers first.)

    Thanks for making this month so fun with a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card inside and out love the design and the papers .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kelly! I like how you used the three buttons - some under papers, one on top! Never occurred to me to layer buttons under a panel before - [why not?!!] Very creative! Delighted you are sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#135 – Animal[s] + Sentiment]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I love this. Those papers are perfect with the sweet image. Delightful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image!! Love the papers and colors for this Kelly!! ;) It's absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The floral paper you used is so gorgeous and love that you used it inside the card as well. And the little guy popping thru the flowers is such a cutie!! So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet and pretty! The image is wonderful and those papers are beautiful!
    I have to agree; I can't imagine coloring my image first! I'd probably never get my paper picked if I did it that way!! BTW-gave you a little shout out on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you played off the flower field like patterned paper. It's the perfect place to find a kitty playing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. Love the detail on the stamp/coloring! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for such a cute image to color this month. I join my other compadres and team-mates in picking the DSP first and then color the image to match. Sweet card and I too love the button under the layer--I will try that soon! I see why you love the images from this company as they sure are cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful color combo, very strong and bold. I too pick papers first, then color. Again, such a lovely card and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete